System using gene editing technology
CRISPR Cas system
- Accurately recognize and bind the target DNA
- Cas protein and guide RNA complex
- CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeat) : Viral immune system first discovered in microorganisms
- Minimize off-target cleavage frequency
GeneCker CRISPR Cas9 system
Development of a new Cas9 that can distinguish On-Target and Off-Target at the 1 base pair (bp) level by modifying the amino acid residues for each domain of the existing Cas9 = gcCas9
The gcCas9 developed by GeneCker accurately detects the differences in a single base.
-> No off-target was found in the whole genome
- Off-target was not observed on the whole genome
- Most precise CRISPR system → highly utilization as a genetic therapy
Necessity and difficulty of mutant detection in liquid-biopsy
Existing diagnostic kits have limitations in detecting trace amounts of mutant DNA contained in liquid-biopsy
GeneCker CRISPR/Cas9 system removes normal genes from blood and amplifies target mutant genes only. And it emphasizes mutant gene.
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)